Sunday, October 28, 2012

Grandma Winder's Cheesy Potato Soup


I actually got this recipe off of the show Good Things Utah quite a few years ago. I know this is a terrible picture, but this soup is one of my favorites. And it actually could be my grandma's recipe because my husband is related to the Winders, but I had to hear about it from the t.v. show.

Grandma Winder's Cheesy Potato Soup
4 c. peeled and cubed potatoes
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. shredded carrots
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 T. parsley flakes
1/4 c. butter
2 tsp. season salt
2 c. uncooked, small shell pasta
3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. whipping cream
Heat 8 cups of water to boiling. Add everything except the past, cheese, and cream. Cook for 2 minutes, then add pasta. Turn heat down to medium and cook until tender (about 8-10 minutes). Stir often. When pasta is done, turn off heat and add cheddar cheese. When cheese is melted, stir in cream. Salt and pepper to taste.
* I usually add either ham chunks or a pkg. of browned sausage and it makes it really good.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this! So glad you share recipes :) I always need yummy ideas!

    ReplyDelete