Sunday, April 21, 2013

Nature Valley Bars

My friend made these for me to try the other day and I think they are awesome. My son has a peanut allergy and so we can't eat most granola bars, so this is an great way to be able to eat them since my family loves granola bars.

Nature Valley Bars

1 1/2  c. rolled oats
1/2 c. rice crispies
3 T. cornmeal
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp. Baking soda

Combine and set aside.

1/4 c. honey
2 T. coconut oil (melted)
3/4 tsp. vanilla
1/2 T. brown sugar

Combine then mix with dry ingredients.

Line 9x9 pan with tin foil. Pour mixture in pan and press lightly. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. You don't really want them to brown. 15 min was perfect for me. Let cool and break into bars.
 * I added 1/2-1 cup of dried berries. I used strawberry craisins. It is also really good with dried blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment