Sunday, July 21, 2013

Cheesecake Trifle


I was really lazy when I took this picture and left it in the fridge. It was mostly because my trifle bowl isn't quite big enough and it was overflowing down the sides a little bit. As I was growing up, my mom made this for special occasions.  It has always been one of my very favorite desserts. And it looks awesome too!! I think my mom's trifle bowl is bigger and so it looks better. I kind of have to squish mine in, so it doesn't look quite as good.

Cheesecake Trifle

Cream together:
16 oz. cream cheese
2 c. powdered sugar

Add:
1 c. sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract
Fold in 1/2 pint whipping cream (whipped)

Add to cream mixture:
1 (16 oz) cubed angel food cake

Sauce :
2 (10 oz pkg strawberries, drained and thawed) or 8 cups fresh strawberries
Add to 2 pkgs. Danish dessert (made according to pudding directions on back)

Layer in a clear, glass bowl starting and ending with strawberries.

* Can substitute raspberries for strawberries


No comments:

Post a Comment