Thursday, October 17, 2013

Buttermilk Waffles

I love to read, and in the last few years I have read a great series of books by Josie S. Kilpack. I call them the Lemon Tart series because that is the first book. I really like these books. They are mystery books but have a bunch of recipes mixed in. In her last book, Rocky Road, there was a waffle recipe called Waffle Mania Waffles. They are delicious and have become my new favorite waffle recipe. Here is a link to her site if you want to find out more and get more awesome recipes. Josie S. Kilpack

Buttermilk Waffles

2 1/4 c. flour
4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 T. sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. milk
1 c. buttermilk
3/4 cup oil

Mix together dry ingredients; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Just before baking, add flour mixture to wet mixture, beating only until moistened. Cook in preheated waffle iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment