Thursday, October 17, 2013

Cake Batter Popcorn

It's time for another popcorn recipe. When I was making this, I thought for sure it was going to be a flop. The batter to pour over the popcorn was super thick and I thought there was no way it was going to work. But, I kept mixing it and it did spread out to cover the popcorn. And it was delicious. It was seriously so good. Cake batter is another one of my favorite flavors! I'm pretty sure I ate way more than I should have.
 
Cake Batter Popcorn
Source: Sweet Tooth
 
2 bags microwavable popcorn
1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 cup white or yellow cake mix
1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
 
Pop the popcorn in the microwave, following packaging instructions. Transfer popcorn to a large bowl, being careful to pick out all of the unpopped kernels.
Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each 30 seconds until it is fully melted.
Stir in the vegetable oil to the melted chocolate until smooth. Then add the cake mix to the chocolate the mixture will be thick, but mix until well-incorporated.
 Drizzle the chocolate/cake batter mixture over the popcorn and add half of the sprinkles. Use your (clean) fingers to toss everything together until evenly coated.
Spread the popcorn onto wax paper-lined cookie sheets to allow the chocolate to harden and sprinkle the remaining sprinkles on top.
Let popcorn harden for about 20 minutes on the counter, or 5 minutes in the fridge, and enjoy!
* I think I will try 1 cup of cake mix next time and see if the mixture isn't quite so thick.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment