Friday, June 8, 2012

Chicken Divan

A couple of years ago, I put together a cookbook for the Relief Society in our ward. One of my neighbors (who also makes amazing cream puffs) put in a recipe for chicken divan. I think this is probably our family's favorite dinner. Everyone likes it and everytime I make it and Brock asks what we are having for dinner and I tell him chicken divan, he cheers! It is really easy and has basic things in it. I have tried a few different things with this recipe. I have tried using low fat mayo and I have tried using quinoa in the place of rice. Both of these variations are okay, but the best way is to make it just like it says! We also like to eat ours with chow mein noodles.

Chicken Divan
In the bottom of a 9x13 dish, spread 2-3 cups cooked and drained broccoli.
Next, spread 3-4 cups cooked rice.
On top of the rice, spread 3-4 cups cooked, cubed chicken.
Then combine:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. curry powder (I usually leave this out)
Pour over the chicken.
Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese over all and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment