Friday, June 15, 2012

Shrimp Asparagus Alfredo


So, you are probably wondering  where the asparagus is, right? Well, I got all ready to make this before I realized I didn't have any asparagus, so I decided to make it without. Just so you know, it is really good with the asparagus, and healthier too. I got this recipe from a friend. They invited us over for dinner and she made us this. She always makes the best things! It was from this meal, that Brock realized he likes shrimp and this is a dish he is always excited for. I usually make it with fettuccine noodles, but it was really good with these kind too. Also, the recipe calls for 2 cups of cream, but my friend says she always uses half cream and half milk. The first few times I made this I used half cream and half 1% milk and it was always really runny, but this time I used half cream and half whole milk and it was perfect.

 Shrimp Asparagus Alfredo
1/2 lb asparagus cut in 1-2" pieces and boiled to crisp tender
1/2-1 lb raw shrimp (sauteed in butter, garlic, salt and crushed red pepper)

Sauce:
1/4 c butter
2 c cream (can use 1 c. cream & 1 c. milk)
pinch nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb cooked fettuccine (or other pasta)

Combine butter, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper in large skillet.  Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes.  Add shrimp, asparagus, and cheese and toss with cooked pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment