Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Loaded Sweet Potatoes

So, has anybody had the loaded sweet potatoes from Texas Roadhouse?  For our anniversary Loni took me down to Ogden and we ate there.  She ordered this and it was awesome.  So I had to find a recipe for it.  This was pretty awesome, not exactly the same, but pretty close.  We will definitely have it again.




Texas Roadhouse Loaded Sweet Potatoes

Sweet potatoes

Bake sweet potatoes for about one hour at 350.  We wrapped ours in foil.  Pull out of oven, let cool a little bit. Cut a slit in the top about 3/4 of the length of the potato.  Squeeze from both ends until the potato squishes up. Spread the middle apart a bit, push 5-10 little marshmallows into the middle, divide the sauce between the potatoes, add 5-10 more marshmallows and place on a baking sheet. Broil until the marshmallows start to brown, about 1 minute.

Sauce

For each potato use:

1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tsp vanilla
Dash of cinnamon

Melt the butter and mix the other ingredients into it.

*This is the recipe we used.  Other recipes I found call for a little more sugar.  I think I might try that next time since they weren't as sweet at the one at Texas Roadhouse.  I also think I will bake them at 350 for a few minutes after putting the marshmallows in to heat the center back up and then broil to brown the tops.  Loni said I should try pumpkin pie spice instead of just cinnamon.


No comments:

Post a Comment