Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ramen Chicken Salad with Cabbage

It seems we get asked to make salads a lot.  For the past year, we have been making the Broccoli and Tortellini salad that was posted a while back.  I still like it, but thought it was time for something new.  My mom has made a cabbage and ramen noodle salad in the past, so I googled that type of salad and this is what I came up with.  I told my wife about it and she said it sounded weird.  I didn't listen, and made it anyway. I thought it turned out good.  The leftovers the next day were still good, although the noodles were not as crunchy.  I will probably make it again.  On a side note, I love craisins in salads.  I put about a cup in this salad.  It would be good without, but I had to put them in.



Ramen Chicken Salad with Cabbage

Dressing
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
4 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 packet chicken flavor Ramen noodle seasoning

Mix it all together in a small jar and let sit while you make the salad.

Salad
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 head cabbage, chopped or shredded
4 carrots, shredded
2 packages chicken flavored ramen noodles
1/3 cup slivered almonds
2 Tbsp oil

Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a skillet over medium heat. Crush dry ramen noodles and saute them in the oil. When noodles begin to brown, add almonds and 1 seasoning packet.  Remove from heat when noodles are golden brown.  Mix the cabbage, carrots, and chicken in a large bowl.  Make sure the dressing is mixed well and pour over the cabbage mixture.  Stir well.  Add the noodles and almond mixture just before serving.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment