Saturday, May 19, 2012

Broccoli and Tortellini Salad

Most of the recipes I have posted are not really healthy.  This is a salad, so it should be healthy, right?  It may not be the most healthy salad I have ever had, but it has been my favorite since about a year and a half ago when I found the recipe.  Every time we make it for a party, someone asks for the recipe.  We made it today for my grandparents sixtieth wedding anniversary and my cousin's wife said they were watching to see who would claim the bowl so they could get the recipe.  So here it is, written down so I never will forget it, and a good excuse to refer people to Stephanie's blog.  The recipe makes a lot, so the only time I have ever made it is for parties.




Broccoli and Tortellini Salad

6 stalks of broccoli
8 slices of bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
1 cup craisins
1 cup roasted cashews
20 oz refrigerated tortellini

Cut up the broccoli into small pieces.  I usually end up with anywhere from 6 to 10 cups, just add more for larger groups.  Cook the tortellini according to the directions on the package.  Drain and cool.  Mix the broccoli, bacon, craisins, cashews, and tortellini in a large bowl.

Dressing

2/3 cup white sugar
2 cups mayonnaise
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

Mix and let sit for half an hour.  Then mix well again.  About an hour before serving pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.  Mix well again right before serving.  Enjoy.  And be prepared to give out the recipe to someone else.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Brian for posting this! I have to take a salad to a baby blessing tomorrow, so I got on Steph's blog with my fingers crossed that this salad was on here!!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete